[TYPO3-templavoila] TemplaVoila - BAD for skinning

R. van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Fri Apr 7 22:20:35 CEST 2006

Tapio Markula wrote:
> Robert Lemke wrote:
>
>> Dear Tapio,
>>
>> before you came to this newsgroup it was so cosy and the atmosphere
>> friendly that I almost regret having you pointed to this list. Please
>> let's
>> keep it that way, be friendly - we're humans, too.
>>
>> Look at the post by Marc Ehret (04.04. 14:40) for example: He wants
>> the same
>> like you but is much more polite in his wording. As long as you don't
>> behave - sorry, I have to put it that way - I will just ignore your
>> requests.
>

> sorry - I was annoyed about this issue. My purpose was to build
> consistent styles for TemplaVoila and for the standard page page module
>
> this is for the standard page module
>
> http://t3test.xetpoint.com/media/development/light_bordering.png
>

> and TempalVoila does have this kind of borders
>
> http://t3test.xetpoint.com/media/development/strong_bordered.png
>
> I would like to make them look out each others.
>
> But the first issue, which I met was, that it is impossible to do
> without heavily XCLASSing TemplaVoila.
>
> I can't alter them with CSS because I can't focus CSS for certain tables
> because tables don't have classes.
>
> Because TemplaVoila is under continuing development XCLASSing of
> TemplaVoila is not a good idea. I would be forced to add XCLASS
> just because of missing necessary classes for skinning.
>
> Because the standard page module is stable, XCLASSing it doesn't have
> risk to need everything again when version changes.
>
> I just can't understand you why you don't have put proper quantity of
> classes as default.

Because sometimes you need to have something up and running quickly.
Eventhough it is quick and dirty (no offence).

Also, don't forget that as far as I remember skinning of typo3 was not
such a big issue before version 3.8.1 (Am I right?).

So Tapio, please be patient and give the extension developers some time
to adjust.

cheers,
Ries