[TYPO3-templavoila] TemplaVoila - BAD for skinning

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Fri Apr 7 21:55:46 CEST 2006

Robert Lemke wrote:
> Dear Tapio,
>
> before you came to this newsgroup it was so cosy and the atmosphere
> friendly that I almost regret having you pointed to this list. Please let's
> keep it that way, be friendly - we're humans, too.
>
> Look at the post by Marc Ehret (04.04. 14:40) for example: He wants the same
> like you but is much more polite in his wording. As long as you don't
> behave - sorry, I have to put it that way - I will just ignore your
> requests.

sorry - I was annoyed about this issue. My purpose was to build
consistent styles for TemplaVoila and for the standard page page module

this is for the standard page module

http://t3test.xetpoint.com/media/development/light_bordering.png

and TempalVoila does have this kind of borders

http://t3test.xetpoint.com/media/development/strong_bordered.png

I would like to make them look out each others.

But the first issue, which I met was, that it is impossible to do
without heavily XCLASSing TemplaVoila.

I can't alter them with CSS because I can't focus CSS for certain tables
because tables don't have classes.

Because TemplaVoila is under continuing development XCLASSing of
TemplaVoila is not a good idea. I would be forced to add XCLASS
just because of missing necessary classes for skinning.

Because the standard page module is stable, XCLASSing it doesn't have
risk to need everything again when version changes.

I just can't understand you why you don't have put proper quantity of
classes as default.