[TYPO3-templavoila] Adding tt_content record uid to FCE pseudo-record in tslib_cObj

Lucas Thurston lucas at castironcoding.com
Fri Apr 7 23:07:14 CEST 2006

Hi everyone,
I had a problem that I was unable to solve except by modifying
tx_templavoila_pi1.  I think it's a very useful feature so I'm hoping
that someone can either offer a better solution to me, or if Robert
could add my code or something similar to it in the next version of TV.

Here is the problem:  I created an FCE in which I needed to give a div a
unique (and repeatable) id so that I could toggle its visibility with
javascript.  I tried accessing this data from TypoScript like:

lib.bioFceToggleJS = TEXT
lib.bioFceToggleJS.dataWrap = toggle('bio{field:uid}');return false;

but, the uid isn't among the fields that are accessible from an FCE,
since an FCE is defined in the XML of the tt_content record then passed
to tslib_cObj.  So, I made the following modification to
class.tx_templavoila_pi1.php (my code noted):

$tsparserObj = t3lib_div::makeInstance('t3lib_TSparser');
$cObj =t3lib_div::makeInstance('tslib_cObj');

// add tt_content record id to FCE pseudo-record passed to tslib_cObj
$dataRecord['uid']=$this->cObj->data['uid'];
// end modification

$cObj->setParent($this->cObj->data,$this->cObj->currentRecord);
                              $cObj->start($dataRecord,'_NO_TABLE');

Obviously, this is not an acceptable solution in the long-term, and I
was hoping someone could point me to a better way to accomplish what I
need to do, or include my code, or something like it, in the next
version of TV.

Thanks,
Lucas Thurston
Cast Iron Coding