[TYPO3-templavoila] Deleting FCE: are images deleted as well?

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Wed Dec 21 12:36:46 CET 2005

Hi!

Robert Lemke wrote:
> FCEs are deleted (not unlinked) like any other content element by invoking a
> command in TCEmain. TCEmain takes care of also deleting the images if
> neccessary and should also do so in case of flexible content elements.
>
> However, I didn't test that, because I assumed that it just works - did you
> check it already?

Yes... I removed it using List module but file stays in the file system.

TCEmain does not remove images because it does not process
tx_templavoila_flex field of tt_content table. I think process_delete()
in tx_templavoila_api should do it: walk data and see if there any files
to delete. Templavoila is an extension, I do not think TCEmain should
know about extension's own fields and how to handle data in them.

Btw, I was not able to remove unused content elements through Page
module (no delete button for them). I had to write down their UIDs and
go to List module to delete them there.

Dmitry.