[TYPO3-templavoila] TemplaVoila 1.0 beta in CVS!

Franz Koch typo3 at fx-graefix.de
Sat Dec 17 11:25:43 CET 2005

Hi Robert,

> finally ... I have committed my current developement version of TemplaVoila
> to the typo3xdev CVS at SourceForge. Apart from some planned minor fixes
> and maybe a migration wizard this is likely the 1.0 beta version.
>
> You are all invited to test the new version and give your feedback. Please
> post your comments to the typo3.projects.templavoila list. In order to test
> the CVS version of TemplaVoila you need a recent version of TYPO3 3.9.0dev
> too (with workspaces support).

Yesterday I had a little problem on a TV 0.4 site and I was wondering if
this will work with version 1.0, would be a feature request or I simply
was to stupid for that? Unfortunately I'm not familiar with CVS, so I
can't get the betas.

Question:
Is it possible to map TV-Templates to a pagetype? I know that it is
possible to provide printerfriendly Templates, but pagetypes? Does this
even make sense in your eyes?
In my eyes it should be possible to integrate this very easily. The
dropdown where I can select the printerfriendly version could be
extended with a new option "pagetype" which could be manualy inserted in
a simple textfield.
Alternativly die content of the dropdownbox is fetched from a new
database table in which the configuration is stored.

>  ~ !!! Did a major refactoring of the xmlrelhndl class! This class is now
> deprecated and not used within TemplaVoila anymore. Use tx_templavoila_api
> instead. With the new API only table "tt_content" is allowed for elements -
> in fact that was almost the case in the past but it might break your
> specific use of TV!

Will it be possible to see content elements which are normally only seen
in List module? I'm thinking of the possibility to e.g. even see tt_news
entries like in the old page module? I found out that some editors
(german: Redakteure) simply don't get it to switch into list-view to see
the "content" of e.g. a storage-folder for news. Would also be nice if
not only special configured list-elements would be visible (configurable
via page-ts f.e.).

Thanks.

--
Kind regards,