[TYPO3-templavoila] TemplaVoila 1.0 beta in CVS!

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Fri Dec 16 18:19:32 CET 2005

Hi Bernhard!

Bernhard Kraft wrote:

> Sounds very interesting for third-party extension to really work with TV
> together somehow. Until now my extensions had to use XCLASSes which I
> really don't like.
>
> But as it seems most of my TV enhancements are useless now and I have to
> mark them deprecated because they are directly integrated - not that find
> this bad :)

Yes, I integrated much of what you provided in your extensions. I'm very
thankful that you did - that gave me a little more time ...

>>  + Added new features into tx_templavoila_tcemain: The sorting field is
>>  now
>> automatically updated so it reflects the TV flexform order. It is now
>> possible to move and create records with standard TCEmain requests (eg.
>> with the List module or the classic Page Module!)
>
> Which means together with:
>
>  >  + Added a new Tag for the field section in a data structure:
>  > <oldStyleColumnNumber> allows you to connect a field to a column
>  > position number so the list module (and others) can guess where to
>  > reference new content elements in your page template. (See manual)
>
> which I find REALLY *wow* - that pherhaps even some old-fashioned
> extension will work together with TV with only a minimum amount of work
> needed !!!
>
> Cause I can just use
> tcemain->start($data, array())
> tcemain->processDatamap();
>
> to insert CEs into the TV colums ?
>
> correct ?

Yes, that works now.

>>  + Added integration into the standard TYPO3 clipboard. You can now cut,
>> edit, paste records from the list module to the TV page module and vice
>> versa. This should work everywhere, where the clipboard is available
>
> Which makes kb_tv_clipboard obsolete !

Yes, sorry ;-) But I had a look at your extension for getting some
inspiration.

>>  + Added new EType "RTE" as a preset in the mapping tool
>
> That's very nice. Makes the wiki sections:
> http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/TemplaVoila#Enabling_RTE_in_FCEs
> mostly obsolete.

Yes - and that was really easy to integrate ...

>>  + Fixed issue #0001858: Clear cache button is not available in
>>  TemplaVoila
>> page module - A cache menu is now located in the "Advanced functions" tab
>
> Also was very annoying before. Always had to add "List" module so the user
> can clear cache. Many + !
>

> All after all I would say:
> *1
> (i raised the mathematical order of + for that :)

Thanks a lot for your praise, I hope that it'll be useful for many others,
too.

Cheers,
robert

--
Robert Lemke
TYPO3 Association - Research & Development