[TYPO3-templavoila] TemplaVoila 1.0 beta in CVS!

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Fri Dec 16 17:55:24 CET 2005

Robert Lemke wrote:
> Hi folks,

Hello Robert !

First of all a big thanx ! I waited hopefully for this moment (any announcement of
TV 1.0.0 where I can download something :)

>  ~ New Page Template Data Structures will have langDisable = 0 by default

very good

>  + Created a new class "tx_templavoila_api". This class provides a new API
> for other extensions and core hooks. It is fully unit tested and replaces
> tx_templavoila_xmlrelhndl

Sounds very interesting for third-party extension to really work with TV together
somehow. Until now my extensions had to use XCLASSes which I really don't like.

But as it seems most of my TV enhancements are useless now and I have to mark them
deprecated because they are directly integrated - not that find this bad :)

>  + Added new features into tx_templavoila_tcemain: The sorting field is now
> automatically updated so it reflects the TV flexform order. It is now
> possible to move and create records with standard TCEmain requests (eg.
> with the List module or the classic Page Module!)

Which means together with:

 >  + Added a new Tag for the field section in a data structure:
 > <oldStyleColumnNumber> allows you to connect a field to a column position
 > number so the list module (and others) can guess where to reference new
 > content elements in your page template. (See manual)

which I find REALLY *wow* - that pherhaps even some old-fashioned extension
will work together with TV with only a minimum amount of work needed !!!

Cause I can just use
tcemain->start($data, array())
tcemain->processDatamap();

to insert CEs into the TV colums ?

correct ?

>  + Added integration into the standard TYPO3 clipboard. You can now cut,
> edit, paste records from the list module to the TV page module and vice
> versa. This should work everywhere, where the clipboard is available

Which makes kb_tv_clipboard obsolete !

>  + Added new EType "RTE" as a preset in the mapping tool

That's very nice. Makes the wiki sections:
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/TemplaVoila#Enabling_RTE_in_FCEs
mostly obsolete.

>  + Fixed issue #0001858: Clear cache button is not available in TemplaVoila
> page module - A cache menu is now located in the "Advanced functions" tab

Also was very annoying before. Always had to add "List" module so the user
can clear cache. Many + !

All after all I would say:
*1
(i raised the mathematical order of + for that :)

greets,
Bernhard