[TYPO3-Solr] index.queue.configuration for pages (tt_content)

Johann Höchtl jhoechtl at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 09:26:54 CEST 2014

Ah sorry,

now I see the point. Your are configuring the page indexing for the first time and didn’t know about the default behavior.
My suggestion from yesterday was based on the assumption that you don’t want to use the integrated page indexer.

First to your problem with tx_news. The field content_elements comes with the extension tx_news but is a configurable add-on. So your modification was correct if this feature is not used.

Now to page indexing. This is fairly complex because you cannot predict the content of the page without completely rendering it (there can be plugins, fe_user, partials, etc.).
That’s why the page indexing process looks like this: https://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-solr/wiki/Indexing_Mechanism
There is a special indexer which uses file_get_contents to call the page from the server and read the html which is then processed and indexed.
This works great and there’s even the possibility to tweak the configuration to use http-authentication or overwrite the hostname if your server isn’t able to call your domain.

Because page indexing needs to work that way there are some requirements:
- allow_url_fopen needs to be enabled, so the server can use file_get_contents to call the page
- domain-record needs to be configured properly
- server needs to be able to call himself (my tipp: add the full domain name to the /etc/hosts of the server with address 127.0.0.1, so he can use his loopback interface => performance)
- search marker in your template which surround content which should be indexed: <!--TYPO3SEARCH_begin--> und <!--TYPO3SEARCH_end—>

Best regards
Hans