[TYPO3-Solr] Failed to establish Solr connection

Cristian Patrichi cristian at patrichi.ro
Tue Dec 17 11:48:58 CET 2013

Hi,
I already made these steps yesterday, but solr still not indexing.
I installed solr from .deb:  apt-get install solr-tomcat
Is this installation wrong? In reports I see some yellow warnings that some solr.xml is not set correctly.

I also tried to install the provided .sh in /shell folder of the extension, but no one of that file working.
The .sh files output this:
-e Checking requirements.
install-multi-solr-existing-tomcat.sh: 185: [[: not found
install-multi-solr-existing-tomcat.sh: 235: Bad substitution

and then stop.
I tried on Debian 6 and 7, but same crash on these .sh files.

What do you think, whay not working thse install files, and why not indexing the extension if I use the debina standard install?

Thank you.