[TYPO3-Solr] Multiple websites on one server

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Tue Feb 8 16:25:21 CET 2011

Rik Willems wrote:

Hi Rik,

> I'm afraid I don't quite understand. Let me write my mind. Could you
> correct if I'm wrong?
> In my constants I setup a default connection. So a host, port and path
> for when L = 0. Then I create a condition per language to set different
> path (for each different language/Solr core).
> This makes that each language in my site will run on a different Solr
> core when doing a search. This is true for indexing as well.

correct

> When I setup my crawler I create a crawler config for each language.
> then the reindex automatically takes up the right language based on my
> setup.
>
> I need to setup a Scheduler task to run the crawler and can select
> multiple configs (each language).

Ah ok, you're talking about the CRAWLER, I was under the impression we
are talking INDEX QUEUE :)

Honestly I don't know a lot (anything) about the crawler. Crawler
support was provided by AOE media / Tolleiv Nietsch AFAIR.

But the way you describe it, I'd say it's correct, one per language.

> When I add a Scheduler task for Solr I need to set host, port and path
> again. So I need to do a commit/optimize for every language seperately.

Yes, commit and optimize tasks need to be configured per core / index.
You don't necessarily need a commit task though. The solrconfig.xml
shipping with the extension triggers a commit every one hour or 100
documents, depending on what happens first. The commit task is useful
during development of course to manually trigger a commit.

HTH, all the best
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner
TYPO3 Core Developer, Release Manager TYPO3 4.2, Admin Google Summer of Code

TYPO3 - Open Source Enterprise Content Management System
http://typo3.org

Apache Solr for TYPO3 -
Open Source Enterprise Search meets Open Source Enterprise CMS
http://www.typo3-solr.com