[TYPO3-Solr] Multiple websites on one server

Rik Willems rik at actiview.nl
Tue Feb 1 10:15:47 CET 2011

Ingo Renner schreef:
> At least for the Index Queue scheduler task you just select the Solr
> server for your default connection, it will figure things out
> automatically.
> You currently need to set up the other tasks as often as you need them
> for your languages though.

I'm afraid I don't quite understand. Let me write my mind. Could you
correct if I'm wrong?
In my constants I setup a default connection. So a host, port and path
for when L = 0. Then I create a condition per language to set different
path (for each different language/Solr core).
This makes that each language in my site will run on a different Solr
core when doing a search. This is true for indexing as well.

When I setup my crawler I create a crawler config for each language.
then the reindex automatically takes up the right language based on my
setup.

I need to setup a Scheduler task to run the crawler and can select
multiple configs (each language).

When I add a Scheduler task for Solr I need to set host, port and path
again. So I need to do a commit/optimize for every language seperately.

Thanks for your help and insight Ingo!

Cheers Rik