[TYPO3-Solr] Multiple websites on one server

Rik Willems rik at actiview.nl
Tue Feb 8 21:27:39 CET 2011

Op 8-2-2011 16:25, Ingo Renner schreef:

> Ah ok, you're talking about the CRAWLER, I was under the impression we
> are talking INDEX QUEUE :)
>
> Honestly I don't know a lot (anything) about the crawler. Crawler
> support was provided by AOE media / Tolleiv Nietsch AFAIR.
>
> But the way you describe it, I'd say it's correct, one per language.

I tried crawler to get all pages into the index. As I saw a crawler
setting for solrreindex. From what I read from you crawler is not
needed. Is that correct?

>> When I add a Scheduler task for Solr I need to set host, port and path
>> again. So I need to do a commit/optimize for every language seperately.
>
> Yes, commit and optimize tasks need to be configured per core / index.
> You don't necessarily need a commit task though. The solrconfig.xml
> shipping with the extension triggers a commit every one hour or 100
> documents, depending on what happens first. The commit task is useful
> during development of course to manually trigger a commit.

I wasn't aware of this. That is better than the scheduler task for every
5 minutes I suppose.
Is a page added to the queue when you save if in the backend of only
when it is visited in the frondend? Or, am I mixing up stuff with how
old indexed_search works?

Cheers!