[TYPO3-Solr] few questions: external data indexing + multi cores

Fabien Udriot fudriot at omic.ch
Sun Apr 17 16:03:33 CEST 2011

Hi Olivier,

thanks for you quick reply.

>> FYI, I tried also the community version from the trunk of Forge but it
>> raises a 500 server error on the Tomcat at the end of "install-solr.sh".
>
> Any more details about that? Did you have a clean install? that means no other tomcat around?

I tried on two different servers and get the same error twice. One server has just been set up for
this purpose. I don't have the error under the hand right now for pasting it here but I can look for
it if desired.

>> * I understand from the Wiki - http://wiki.apache.org/solr/CoreAdmin -
>> that Multiple Cores would enable to have one instance of Solr targeting
>> many websites. Are there any limits here? Just would like a confirmation.
>
> space on the server is the only issue. you will need multicore for the different languages of your
> website or if you want to have an index for your dev and live enviroment

Ok but what is it if I have many client websites such as:

client1.tld
client2.tld
client3.tld

Is the multicore still the best approach or shall we consider multiple tomcat instances?

Thx,

Fb.