[TYPO3-Solr] few questions: external data indexing + multi cores

Olivier Dobberkau olivier.dobberkau at dkd.de
Sun Apr 17 17:35:03 CEST 2011

Am 17.04.11 16:03, schrieb Fabien Udriot:

hi fabien,

> I tried on two different servers and get the same error twice. One
> server has just been set up for this purpose. I don't have the error
> under the hand right now for pasting it here but I can look for it if
> desired.

looks for me as if you have some problems in copying the needed files or
your are missing something.

please look at the install.sh and check if the files are there.
specially the accessfilter plugin. restart the tomcat.

send the log file if possible.

>>> * I understand from the Wiki - http://wiki.apache.org/solr/CoreAdmin -
>>> that Multiple Cores would enable to have one instance of Solr targeting
>>> many websites. Are there any limits here? Just would like a
>>> confirmation.
>>
>> space on the server is the only issue. you will need multicore for the
>> different languages of your
>> website or if you want to have an index for your dev and live enviroment
>
> Ok but what is it if I have many client websites such as:
>
> client1.tld
> client2.tld
> client3.tld
>
> Is the multicore still the best approach or shall we consider multiple
> tomcat instances?

there is no reason for having multiple tomcat instances. just naming the
cores will help you. you should just keep im mind that you have enough
ram and diskspace.

olivier