[TYPO3-Solr] few questions: external data indexing + multi cores

Olivier Dobberkau olivier.dobberkau at dkd.de
Sun Apr 17 11:53:30 CEST 2011

Am 17.04.11 09:20, schrieb Fabien Udriot:
> Hi,

Hi Fabien,

> I had a first try with Solr using the TER version and to my surprise it
> went pretty well. :)
>
> FYI, I tried also the community version from the trunk of Forge but it
> raises a 500 server error on the Tomcat at the end of "install-solr.sh".

Any more details about that? Did you have a clean install? that means no
other tomcat around?

> * I would be particularly interested by the "external data" indexing
> feature such as tt_news or any kind of records. From the FAQ this is
> part of the "early access" version
> http://www.typo3-solr.com/en/solr-for-typo3/development-model/
>
> - Is this feature already fully ready? Language support? Workspace?
> - Does it use the Indexing Queue concept for indexing as for regular pages?

We call this way of indexing: indexqueue. it is fully functional for:
pages, tca tables and files. We are currently working in the workspaces
support, so that published stages will be indexed once they are published.

> * I understand from the Wiki - http://wiki.apache.org/solr/CoreAdmin -
> that Multiple Cores would enable to have one instance of Solr targeting
> many websites. Are there any limits here? Just would like a confirmation.

space on the server is the only issue. you will need multicore for the
different languages of your website or if you want to have an index for
your dev and live enviroment

Olivier

PS: will send you the white paper soon in a pm.