[TYPO3-Solr] few questions: external data indexing + multi cores

Fabien Udriot fudriot at omic.ch
Sun Apr 17 09:20:41 CEST 2011

Hi,

I had a first try with Solr using the TER version and to my surprise it went pretty well. :)

FYI, I tried also the community version from the trunk of Forge but it raises a 500 server error on
the Tomcat at the end of "install-solr.sh".

Anyway, I would have a few additional questions:

* I would be particularly interested by the "external data" indexing feature such as tt_news or any
kind of records. From the FAQ this is part of the "early access" version
http://www.typo3-solr.com/en/solr-for-typo3/development-model/

- Is this feature already fully ready? Language support? Workspace?
- Does it use the Indexing Queue concept for indexing as for regular pages?

* I understand from the Wiki - http://wiki.apache.org/solr/CoreAdmin - that Multiple Cores would
enable to have one instance of Solr targeting many websites. Are there any limits here? Just would
like a confirmation.

Kindly,

Fabien