[TYPO3-extbase-kickstarter] Mapping to tt_news table

Christian Lerrahn (Cerebrum) christian.lerrahn at cerebrum.com.au
Wed May 23 07:44:35 CEST 2012

Hi,
I'm new to extbase development, even though I have played with FLOW3
before. I've just tried using the Extension Builder to map a new model
to the tt_news table as should be possible according to
http://wiki.typo3.org/T3Doc/Extension_Builder/Mapping_to_tables_and_extending_classes .
Now, when I put "tt_news" into "Map to existing table" create any
number of properties and try saving this, I get an error

"Extension could not be saved:
The configured type field for table "tt_news" is of type tinyint(4) This
means the type field can not be used for defining the record type. You
have to change this if you want to map to this table or extend the
correlated class"

To be honest this makes no sense whatsoever to me. I do realise that
the type field might not serve the purpose the extension builder wants
to use it for but how do I work around this?

Cheers,
Christian