[TYPO3-extbase-kickstarter] Best practice to set storagePid in "tutorial mode"?

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Tue Jul 26 22:41:05 CEST 2011

Hi.

On 26.07.2011 15:14 Nicolas de Haen wrote:

> If someone has a better idea for the name - suggestons are welcome!

the name is perfect to realize the idea of learning "extbased" extension
development. IMHO this idea requires also a written tutorial to teach
extension building by describing it step by step. In combination with
built-in explanations this tutorial could be a the perfect guide for
developers.

But if we would now just rename and negate "advanced mode" to "tutorial
mode" we'd promise something "big" we do not yet deliver. For the sake
of honesty we should not release a features without implementing it
properly. So I'd pled for removing the mode we now have at all.

A tutorial mode sounds perfect for a sprint which could result in
another TER release version. Then we would have the chance to advertise
the new release properly and gain more positive attention.

For now let's concentrate on the "first TER release" sprint.

--
cheers,
Steffen

TYPO3 Blog: http://www.t3node.com/