[TYPO3-doc] A proposal on how to use ReST markup for TypoScript documentation // imageLinkWrap in Tsref

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Thu Jan 3 09:11:28 CET 2013

Hi,

On 3-1-2013 0:54, Martin Bless wrote:
> Unfinished thought about the examples: If those examples are too
> much pollution for a reference - should we have a "TypoScript
> Cookbook" online? (better name welcome, as it's perhapt in
> conflict with the printed CookBook(s).

We have an old doc "TypoScript by example" [1]. This explains a lot of
TypoScript features by showing examples.

It also addresses Philipp's wish to have examples with the result shown.
As a bonus it has 'exercises' complete with the solutions.
I must that this doc helped me a lot in understanding some basic stuff
and menus when I just started with TypoScript.

"TypoScript in 45 minutes" is a good starting point, but maybe all the
extended examples should go to "TypoScript by example"?

I'd like to see the reference as a compact overview of all possibilities
and the exact syntax of the various options.

[1]
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_tsbyex/current/

--
Jigal van Hemert