[TYPO3-doc] GIT howto preview Tutorials - here: doc_tut_editors

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sun Dec 16 22:11:44 CET 2012

Hi Henning,

> I am finished with the screenshot updates now and I think it's almost
> ready for public(?). I tried to stay as close to the original as
> possible and its astonishing (or maybe not ) how many passages would
> not change. Some did or are new, e.g. the page browser or moving
> content elements with drag and drop, and only updating screenshots
> was not sufficient.

That was very good work, thanks a lot!

I pushed (and merged) a second version of your patch, in which I added
all the labels for cross-linking and some cleanup on the file structure
(which is not always very clean after the automated migration to ReST).

BTW we have rules for Git commit messages [1]. They are originally for
the TYPO3 Core, but we follow them for documentation patches too.

I agree that the updated tutorial can be released now. As we have no
proper release policy yet, I'll just request a rebuild on the docs
server and write a short announcement tomorrow.

Note (to all team members): I decided to update this tutorial's version
number to 6.0.0 rather than 1.6.0 as I think this tutorial really
follows TYPO3 versions and should be numbered accordingly. I hope you
will agree.

> Next steps
>
> - element browser - missing modules - URL management, domain records
> … - tips and tricks (Task #1269) - better wording … - german
> translation

Please check out the Getting Started tutorial too. It is meant to
describe the TYPO3 backend more in depth, so just make sure to avoid
creating duplicate content between the two tutorials. But otherwise,
yes, that's perfectly fine.

Again, thanks a lot for your first contribution. Keep it up ;-)

[1] http://wiki.typo3.org/CommitMessage_Format_(Git)