[TYPO3-doc] GIT howto preview Tutorials - here: doc_tut_editors

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Mon Dec 17 09:58:48 CET 2012

Hello Henning,

[François Suter] wrote & schrieb:

>That was very good work, thanks a lot!

Yes indeed! It's great to have you aboard.

>Note (to all team members): I decided to update this tutorial's version
>number to 6.0.0 rather than 1.6.0 as I think this tutorial really
>follows TYPO3 versions and should be numbered accordingly. I hope you
>will agree.

Fine, that makes sense.

>Please check out the Getting Started tutorial too. It is meant to
>describe the TYPO3 backend more in depth, so just make sure to avoid
>creating duplicate content between the two tutorials. But otherwise,
>yes, that's perfectly fine.

While duplicate content in general is not what we want it's more
important for me to have /complete/ manuals which make sense out
of their own. So I wouldn't mind /some/ duplicate content.

>Again, thanks a lot for your first contribution. Keep it up ;-)

Yes, yes, yes!

About the screenshots:
They are large and full size which is good and which is what I
recommend. At the moment I've added a
   .doc p { overflow: auto; }
rule to the CSS. That gives us scroll bars if needed.

I saw a passage in the Sphinx code where the writer tries to use
automatically the best quality of a picture for the respective
output format. I'll try to find and write down some
recommendations for editors on how to best handle large
screenshots.
http://forge.typo3.org/issues/44043

Have a nice week!

Martin

--
Certified TYPO3 Integrator | TYPO3 Documentation Team Member

http://mbless.de