[TYPO3-caretaker] extending Remote Operation

Oliver Krause krause at network.publishing.de
Wed Sep 8 10:42:02 CEST 2010

Hi,

thank you again for this wonderful caretake project. We updated our
servers last week and are now almost complete green with core and
extension versions for all our customer sites! Without the caretaker
support it would have been a toture!

I'm currently writing a new test to find all locally changed extensions
and noticing that the remote Operation 'GetExtensionList' gives me
nearly all information I need but misses the MD5 hashs.

It is only one additional line in the file
	class.tx_caretakerinstance_Operation_GetExtensionList.php

to bring it to work. Just add in line 107
	$extensionInfo[$extKey]['_md5_values_when_last_written'] =
$EM_CONF[$extKey]['_md5_values_when_last_written'];

My question is:
Is it better to write an own operation extension or can you adopt it in
your file? I know you're trying to keep the system lean, so I can
understand if you're rejecting it.

Maybe it can be useful to introduce a new parameter key
'additionalEmConfKeys' where you can retrieve user-specified Information
about the extensions.
If you find that useful I can send you the implementation in no time...

Best regards,
Olli