[TYPO3-caretaker] Do you use caretaker

Christoph Moeller moeller at network-publishing.de
Fri Sep 3 09:59:04 CEST 2010

Hi Thomas,

> We thought it would be nice to show some numbers during in the talk
> about the usage of caretaker.
>
> So it would be nice if you could share your experiences with us. Tell us
> for how long you are using caretaker and how many instances you monitor
> with it.

as mentioned before, we're using caretaker
* to gather information on about 100 instances at the moment
* on about 10 physical/virtual servers, so far
* to get notifications on what sites/extensions need to be updated

The plan is
* to install caretaker_instance plus our own test extensions in each
instance that we manage (will be in the range of several hundred instances)
* to write tests for each and any problem that might occur, so it won't
happen again - unnotified
* to integrate tightly with nagios to have combined low-level and
app-specific monitoring data available
* to have the coolest possible dashboard showing all our QA-related data
at a glance

We've been using the system for about 6 months now and actualle _are_
saving big amounts of time that was formerly needed to regularly assess
what's going on in our TYPO3 hosting spaces.

Cheers
Chris