[TYPO3-caretaker] Selenium was: Re: Welcome

Martin Ficzel martin.ficzel at gmx.de
Wed Feb 10 21:13:48 CET 2010

Am 09.02.10 21:23, schrieb Georg Kuehnberger:

> Thomas Hempel wrote:
>> the whole system much more fragile. And I think be both think that a
>> testsystem should be rock solid. ;-)
>
> ACK;
>
>> What COULD be done on the other hand is, that as soon as the selenium
>> stuff is ready (I don't have an overview in this department), that the
>> selenium stuff is extended.
>> Maybe introduce some record type called "selenium config" which
>> contains a snippet of selenium configuration. In the test record
>> therefore you collect those "selenium config records" to a selenium
>> "workflow". In the simplest case, the implementation side will only
>> merge those snippets into one text and sends that to the selenium
>> clients.
>
> Right, that's what I'm aiming for.
>
>> But I would like to safe that for later.
>
> Guess you dont mind if we'd work on such an implementation meanwhile (as
> another caretaker-extension). I feel it should not be too complicated,
> however until now I neighter have written down an implementation-plan,
> nor a single line of code. - Was just interesting on your feedback.

Hi Georg,

i see two pissible solutions which could be included in caretaker_selenium.

1. Add a syntax to include external selenium configuration files in the
selenium testconfiguration.

2. Add a record type selenium_testpart to the extension and allow
selecting n of those records in the selenium-tests. The selected
testconfigurations would be executed in the selected order right before
the config in the testconf field is executed.

Both makes sense to me and can be done quite easily. I would prefer to
get patches for caretaker selenium instead of having one more
testservice-extension.

Regards Martin