[TYPO3-performance] Cache priming

Jonas Eberle jonas.eberle at d-mind.de
Mon Jan 26 14:30:49 CET 2015

Hi Philipp,

Am 22.01.2015 um 13:16 schrieb Philipp Gampe:
> You will never hit a page cache if you just cleared it. If you hit the
> page cache, then everything is fine. Therefore you should take proper
> care to *invalidate* caches correctly, e.g. clearing all effected
> caches. TYPO3 CMS 6.2 has lots of options for this. Best regards

I see. I could use e.g. https://github.com/TYPO3-coreapi/ext-coreapi 's
PageCache-function to clear a specific page cache and then right
afterwards fill it by fetching the URL.

Or I could use the other page clearing mechanisms (hooks, TSConfig,
manual calls from my extension, ...) to clear the page. But then I still
miss a regeneration of the page cache. If I do not do anything else, it
will be the first user looking at the specific page that regenerates the
page cache.

I am still not convinced that what Typo3 offers is ENOUGH to make
performant sites.

Regards,
Jonas

--
Neu: welcome.region-stuttgart.de
Neu: ladenbackofen.de

Tel.: +49 711 280481-1 (Durchwahl: -18)
Fax:  +49 711 280481-3
Inhaber: Jens Fuchs, Michael Weiß, Jens Strobel
www.d-mind.de