[TYPO3-performance] Cache priming

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Thu Jan 22 13:16:18 CET 2015

Hi Jonas Eberle,

Jonas Eberle wrote:

> That exactly is my problem. I don't know how to force page cache
> GENERATION. In a normal HTTP-request I might hit an already filled page
> cache. And if I append &no_cache=1, I think the page cache is neither
> used nor filled.
>
> Don't you think a command to REGENERATE the page cache of a specific URL
> would be needed to ensure quick responses?

You will never hit a page cache if you just cleared it. If you hit the page
cache, then everything is fine.

Therefore you should take proper care to *invalidate* caches correctly, e.g.
clearing all effected caches.
TYPO3 CMS 6.2 has lots of options for this.

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!