[TYPO3-performance] SSI/ESI for better caching

Philipp Bergsmann p.bergsmann at opendo.at
Mon Sep 6 14:22:09 CEST 2010

On 2010-09-06 13:56:48 +0200, JoH asenau said:

> I guess this is something you should think about again.
>
> "Anything else" doesn't necessarily come from the client side but can
> be based on server side events as well.

At first: thanks for the input!

But i think i thought about that, because: the SSI/ESI would be
requested on every hit. if there is some server-side condition, it
would take effect (or am i wrong?).

i'm not quite sure if that would work, but in my understanding a
request for one content-object has to be (at least) a bit faster than
invoking a whole page-rendering (even if the other parts of the page
are cached)

but maybe i'm completely wrong :)

philipp