[TYPO3-performance] SSI/ESI for better caching

Martin Holtz typo3ng_2009 at martinholtz.de
Wed Sep 8 14:22:40 CEST 2010

Hi,

> i was thinking about changing for example the coa_int rendering like that:
> if there is no post request/no_cache get-parameter or anything else,
> that would make some dynamic response expected i'd replace the output
> rendering to some SSI/ESI-tag pointing to some URL where only that
> content-object is rendered.
>
> The expected result would be like that:
>
> a page with a COA_INT object is partly cached by the proxy and the
> proxy-server requests the non-cacheable object on the user-request with
> (as far as i would expect that) a hugely improved loading-time, because
> you don't have to render stuff like the navigation. this would make
> pages with e.g. a contact form on it partially cacheable, beacuse it
> would only bypass the proxy-cache completely, when someone sends the form.
>
> i hope i explained my thoughts understandable. i would like to hear your
> thoughts regarding that idea!
imho it works like that in the moment. If you have an _INT Object on an
page, that part is put as an HTML comment into the result. So the
navigation is cached and retrieved from the database and only the _INT
Object gets generated with each request.

greetings,
martin
--
Martin Holtz - elemente websolutions http://www.elemente-websolutions.ms