[TYPO3-performance] No results with eaccelerator

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 09:47:42 CET 2009

Hi!

Christian Kuhn wrote:
> Do you get better results with XCache than with eaccelerator? From my
> experience eaccelerator is still about 10% quicker than XCache (compared
> XCache 1.2.2 debian package, with eaccelerator 0.9.5.3 from source).

I was a many years fan of eaccelerator but now I switched to APC. eaccelerator is nevber out of beta and I do not really like beta software on the production system. Also eaccelerator gave me white screens to often (nothing in error log) or PHP segfaults. APC is rock stable. It has higher CPU usage but stability is more important.

I tried XCache some time ago but performance was absolutely terrible :(

My choice for now is APC.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dmitryd