[TYPO3-Performance] MySQL connection slow?

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Mon Nov 17 15:40:47 CET 2008

Hi Dan

Dan Osipov wrote:
> I was successful in getting the tcpdump output for one hit on the FE -
> now if only I knew where to look for potential problems... It's just a
> lot of ack's between the servers.

If you didn't filter out mysql-traffic while capturing, do this first.
You wrote, connection establishment is slow.
So have a look at the first packets, if there are 1-2 seconds without any transfers. Which server was the receiver of this packet and what's the packet content?

Hope you can find out this way which one is responsive for slow establishment.

Steffen