[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 6.0 at the corner? How is it possible

Oliver Hader oliver.hader at typo3.org
Mon Mar 5 19:39:04 CET 2012

Hi Markus,

Am 05.03.12 12:46, schrieb Markus Lindbergh:
> From my side, v4 to v5 migration path was good but too slow and confusing
> for lot of developers...and still I do not know how typo3 will look like in
> year or two. Will we have 4.xyz thing or finally v5

Basically, Xavier's blog post answers this already:
http://buzz.typo3.org/people/xavier-perseguers/article/typo3-60-at-the-corner-how-is-it-possible/

Especially look up the five statements on the "Berlin Manifesto" and the
explanations. Most important:

* TYPO3 v4 continues to be actively developed
* v4 development will continue after the the release of v5

(replacing "v4" with "6.0" and "v5" with "[SomeNewName]" does not change
anything in those statements)

Thus, there will be a time, when you're able to chose what product
("6.0" or "[SomeNewName]") fits best for the demands of your clients.

Cheers,
Olly
--
Oliver Hader