[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 6.0 at the corner? How is it possible

Andi cocopapa at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 01:47:06 CET 2012

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 6, 2012, at 1:39, Oliver Hader <oliver.hader at typo3.org> wrote:

> Hi Markus,
>
> Am 05.03.12 12:46, schrieb Markus Lindbergh:
>> From my side, v4 to v5 migration path was good but too slow and confusing
>> for lot of developers...and still I do not know how typo3 will look like in
>> year or two. Will we have 4.xyz thing or finally v5
>
> Basically, Xavier's blog post answers this already:
> http://buzz.typo3.org/people/xavier-perseguers/article/typo3-60-at-the-corner-how-is-it-possible/
>
> Especially look up the five statements on the "Berlin Manifesto" and the
> explanations. Most important:
>
> * TYPO3 v4 continues to be actively developed
> * v4 development will continue after the the release of v5
>
> (replacing "v4" with "6.0" and "v5" with "[SomeNewName]" does not change
> anything in those statements)

It changes a lot as TYPO3 Version 5 is said to be DEAD. This idea looks like forking TYPO3. So from there on we will have 2 TYPO3. The real one and the fork. Not a good idea but check back the discussions about Version 5 Licensing exactly this was already mentioned at this time that Version 5 will be a huge project financed by the communtity who attracts more people to TYPO3 and the Association itself.

What license will the new product have. Some of that nice business modells like other former real FOSS projects which turn out now to have only real use as commercial product?

What about  Version 6?

Andi