[TYPO3-english] yag nivoslider theme

Oliver Salzburg oliver.salzburg at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 4 16:53:29 CET 2012

On 2012-03-04 16:32, Gabor Horn wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i!m using typo3 4.5.11 and yag 1.4.5 and yag themepack jquert 0.5.0. I'd
> like to use the nivoSlider theme to show an ImageList. On the frontend
> the images doesn't show with this theme (they appear with lightbox theme
> so the image settings are ok i guess), and i see the following
> javascript error in debug:
>
> jQuery('#nivoSlider-3').nivoSlider is not a function
>
> examining the source i see the two following JS inclusions:
>
> <script
> src="typo3conf/ext/yag/Resources/Public/Js/JQuery/jquery-1.6.4.min.js?1330716192"
> type="text/javascript"></script>
>
> <script
> src="typo3conf/ext/yag_themepack_jquery/Resources/Public/GallerySource/NivoSlider/jquery.nivo.slider.pack.js?1330716371"
> type="text/javascript"></script>
>
> i can click on both and can see their js source, so i'm not sure why
> they not get included properly (if that is the problem). Unfortunatelly
> in the YAG docs i didn't find if i have to make any extra steps to
> install niveSlider. After taht i found a niveSLider extension in TER, i
> installed it, but that also didn't help. Do i need to build a custom
> jQuery for my site with the jQuery plugin? Or should Yag jQuery stuff
> would work "out of the box" with that 2 js include what i can see in the
> html head?
>
> thanks, Gabor Horn

If I remember correctly, this is somehow a problem with inclusion order
of the .js files.

The nivoslider extension is definitely not required (I thought so too
at some point).

Try this TypoScript:

Constants:
config {
  // Tell YAG to not include jQuery
  yag.addjQuery = 0
}

Setup:
page {
  includeJS {
    // Force include of jQuery as first library
    jquery            =
http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.6.4/jquery.min.js
    jquery.external   = 1
    jquery.forceOnTop = 1
  }
}

If I remember correctly, that's all that's needed to make it work.

Cheers
Oliver