[TYPO3-english] Newbie in Typo3 trying desperately to install it in Xampp

bernd wilke t3ng at pi-phi.tk
Tue Nov 9 18:16:13 CET 2010

Am Mon, 08 Nov 2010 17:02:50 +0000 schrieb Mari Cruz Garcia Vallejo:

> Hello everybody and greetings from- a very wet !- Scotland.
>
> My name is Mari Cruz Garc'ia  and I am new in Typo3, although I have
> collaborated in other Open Source projects such as Sloodle or Mahara.
>
> I use Ubuntu 9.04 as a 0S and I usually install every development site
> (Drupal, Mahara, etc) as a virtual host as I explain here:
> http://wiki.mahara.org/System_Administrator%27s_Guide/Installing_Mahara/
How_to_install_Mahara_in_Ubuntu
>  My nickname is aricia, so maybe you know me from other open source
> projects with that name.
>
> However,  I decided to install xampp to avoid the tedious process I
> described in the link every time that I want to test new CMS.

you may need your special configuration.

Just my experience:
I have installed apache, php, imagemagick, xcache from repository.

for a TYPO3-testinstallation I create a subdirectory and import source
and dummy or the new Introduction Package.

For every installation I create a new database from install-tool, named
like the subdirectory for a later easier cleaning.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html