[TYPO3-dev] The extbase dilemma

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Thu May 19 14:44:17 CEST 2011

Hey,

> But there are these few guys that work enterprise level, with SLAs,
> budgets far beyond 100k€, that have to deliver data 100% reliable in
> 99.98% of the time, in high performance, scalable environments.

I only can speak for myself, but I think the whole Extbase team in
general doesn't have much (to none) experience with such enterprise
level solutions - so how should we take care of the requirements for
those? Why doesn't anyone having that knowledge and getting big rewards
for those enterprise solutions join the team then? Complaining alone
doesn't help. I don't say that starting this discussion was wrong - it's
appreciated and sometimes you need a slap in the face to get new
impulses, but instead of digging the hole deeper and deeper let's better
use the time wasted writing and reading those novels about how Extbase
sucks and let's change it.

I personally joined the team because I like developing with Extbase and
like to give something back, although I'm no studied coder and only have
self-educated coding "skills". I'm eager to learn new concepts, am
willing to share the knowledge I gained so far and try to help others as
much as I can if time allows.

Reading about bugfixes and patch requests not beeing applied is of
course sad to hear, but as stated before we're drastically lacking man
power here and the switch to Gerrit didn't help here either (I'm
personally still not used to it). Currently we're all trapped by either
our jobs or other projects, so any help is highly welcome.

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch