[TYPO3-dev] The extbase dilemma

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Thu May 19 13:12:12 CEST 2011

> I mean... I'm cool with a statement like "extbase is nice, it will speed
> up your development a lot, but please be careful when using it in
> scenarios A, B or C".
> Nothing wrong with it, is it?

Actually this is the only problem I got with ExtBase and FLOW3 so far.
If you cut off the "Enterprise" flag, the marketing people have been
waiving heavily during the last years, it would work out just fine.

If you told people: "TYPO3 will be a CMS using DDD technologies for
small to mid size websites with an average complexity" everything would
be fine.

We could even go on fixing some of the bugs in ExtBase and FLOW, since
we still could live with the overall concept behind it.

But actually the problem we have to face is, that people are told:
"TYPO3 is an enterprise CMS which is NOT aiming for the average user but
for larger projects only" - (at least this is what I have been told by
different T3A official at the last events I have attended)

In this case it would be not

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de
Twitter: http://twitter.com/bunnyfield