[TYPO3-dev] The extbase dilemma

Björn Steinbrink steinbrink at saltation.de
Thu May 26 16:05:20 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 2011.05.26 13:42:47 +0200, Bastian Waidelich wrote:
> Björn Steinbrink wrote:
> >>Actually it's just a couple of lines of code if you use Dependency
> >>Injection as described in the wiki [1]:
>
> >And uriFor() is too early in the call chain, especially if one plans to
> >just wrap it.
>
> That's right, instead you can of course wrap the build() method
> which is the last call of all URI creations in Extbase.

Yeah, if one assumes that the generated URIs only depend on the stuff
that is fed to typoLink_URL(), that would do.

> >[1] I just had a quick glance over the object container code, and in
> >fact, since the object container is a singleton and the registered
> >implementation classes aren't cleared (AFAICT)
>
> Yes, as stated in the wiki [1] "[...] this setting can only be
> configured globally right now, it is not possible to override that
> on a per-extension basis."
> That's why we use TypoScript for this configuration, so you can be
> in control of this independently from the loading order.

Ah sorry, while reading the code, I was already back to expecting that
the configuration is per "run", exactly for that reason that you need a
one-size-fits-all implementation otherwise.

> >And I think similarly bad things happen, when you dispatch one extbase
> >plugin from within another (using e.g. the cObject view helper, or
> >whatever). The "inner" one might reconfigure the object container, so
> >the "outer" one suddenly sees different objects.
>
> Overriding the CI configuration would only be possible by calling
> Tx_Extbase_Object_Container_Container::registerImplementation()
> (which is not part of the public API and is only there to change
> implementations already in ext_localconf.php) instead of going the
> supported TypoScript way.

Yeah, scrap that. As said above, I assumed that to be per extension, and
totally ignored the .tx_extbase. part, so this one was plain bull.

Björn

--
*Björn Steinbrink*
*fon*: +49 (0) 521 - 329647-21
*e-mail*: steinbrink at saltation.de
http://www.saltation.de

saltation GmbH & Co. KG | Niederwall 43 | 33602 Bielefeld

Sitz Bielefeld | Amtsgericht Bielefeld HRA 15344

Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin:

saltation Beteiligungs-GmbH | Niederwall 43 | 33602 Bielefeld

Sitz Bielefeld | Amtsgericht Bielefeld HRB 39339
Geschäftsführer: Daniel Brün