[TYPO3-dev] The extbase dilemma

Felix Oertel f at oer.tel
Wed May 18 14:11:49 CEST 2011

Hi Dmitry,

Am 18.05.11 13:13, schrieb Dmitry Dulepov:>
> Well, Extbase is advertised a lot and there are successful extension
> built upon Extbase. I think it depends a lot on the extension
> complexity. Something like a blog or news will do but message boards
> with permission checks for each user and attachments could be too hard
> to make because Extbase is still experimental.

Yeah, that's right. I use extbase on a daily basis and since March '10
build all of my new extensions with it. But there are propably quiet
some cases extbase is not suitable to take right now.

>>> The main purpose of extbase was to prepare developers for the next major
>>> release of TYPO3: Version 5.
>> Who told you that? ;-)
> Have a look:
> http://news.typo3.org/news/article/get-into-flow3-with-extbase/

You are right, I forgot about that. Thanks a bunch.

As a developer you allways have to differ closely between the
advertising and the code. ;-)

regards, foertel