[TYPO3-dev] The extbase dilemma

Felix Oertel f at oer.tel
Wed May 18 14:09:48 CEST 2011

Hey Dan,

Am 18.05.11 13:08, schrieb Daniel Brün:
> 2011/5/18 Felix Oertel<f at oer.tel>
>> Ok, so you ask yourself why extbase extensions are used in production the
>> same time you are telling us you decided to build YOUR production extension
>> on extbase?
> You are absolutely right. We misjudged the problems that might arise and we
> were misled by all the cheerleaders. But nevertheless... you have to try if
> you want to find out ;-)

Yep, that's right and you thoughts will help other people to take proper
descission. Most of your technical stuff is right though.

>> Same with extbase. It's not finnished and it will (most likely) become
>> great, if it gets finnished.
> Do you think it will be finished before v5?

No. As a backport you never can be finished before your master product. ;-)

> But anyways: Our trouble is our problem

I didn't mean to say "go away, I don't care." for sure! We are willing
to help and we try to fix bugs where we can, but IMHO the main problem
described is not in the scope of extbase as code but advertising,
communication, teamplay, consensus.

regards, foertel