[TYPO3-dev] The extbase dilemma

Daniel Brün dbruen at saltation.de
Wed May 18 13:08:06 CEST 2011

Hey Felix,

2011/5/18 Felix Oertel <f at oer.tel>

> Ok, so you ask yourself why extbase extensions are used in production the
> same time you are telling us you decided to build YOUR production extension
> on extbase?

You are absolutely right. We misjudged the problems that might arise and we
were misled by all the cheerleaders. But nevertheless... you have to try if
you want to find out ;-)

> Same with extbase. It's not finnished and it will (most likely) become
> great, if it gets finnished.

Do you think it will be finished before v5? I won't hold me breath, but of
course I am willing to help wherever I can.

But anyways: Our trouble is our problem, and luckily we are in a position to
maneuver out of this situation. I just want to share our experience.

Cheers,
Dan