[TYPO3-dev] Deprecation Log problems

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Mon Nov 9 22:47:43 CET 2009

Hi,

Patrick Gaumond schrieb:

> This setting should be set to "0" by default in the final release me
> think... (even in RC if you ask me)

i also tend to this, even i thought other way before.
The dilemma is that we want to inform if there are any extensions using
deprecated methods. Even if the author doesn't take care of, these
extensions will crash 2 versions later when the methods will be removed.

but may be we find a better solution later, i agree it's not good to
create such big log files. With some extensions each click in FE will
create a log entry.

It's maybe wrong to annoy the users, instead we should annoy the
extension authors ;)

vg Steffen