[TYPO3-dev] Deprecation Log problems

Patrick Gaumond patrick.gaumond-nospam at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 9 21:20:58 CET 2009

Rupert Germann wrote:

> for a high traffic site you should always turn the deprecation log off.
> add this to your localconf.php:
>
> $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['SYS']['enableDeprecationLog'] = 0;
>
> besides the fact that deprecationlog produces very big files it also
> does some quite expensive operations to get the content for the log entry.

This setting should be set to "0" by default in the final release me
think... (even in RC if you ask me)

Default values shouldn't be set for "debug-mode". During the actual
alpha/beta it was nice to raise the flags on extensions developers but
once in RC, I would find it unacceptable to have such log "on" by
default (even if I produced the original text in the NEWS.txt file)

Patrick