[TYPO3-dev] Deprecation Log problems

Sebastian Böttger sebastian.boettger at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 13:04:24 CET 2009

Hi

> but may be we find a better solution later, i agree it's not good to
> create such big log files. With some extensions each click in FE will
> create a log entry.

I can beat this :-). At our live site the extension newscalendar forced
about 3000 log entries since 4.3 beta2 in the sys_log because of a
suppressed PHP warning.
The author tried to htmlentities every single item of the special
characters table in a loop. Because of a utf8 mismatch, it throwed a
warning everytime which was logged by the error handler.

> It's maybe wrong to annoy the users, instead we should annoy the
> extension authors ;)

definitly. Take the email address and send a mail ;-) - all 3000 times
for every click ;-) (I know, you mean the deprecated stuff, but also
there).

kr
Sebastian