[TYPO3-dev] SCOTTY - Global *S*emantic *C*ategory, *O*ntology, *T*ag and *T*axonomy S*y*stem

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Fri Nov 6 13:59:17 CET 2009

On Nov 6, 2009, at 3:28 AM, Steffen Müller wrote:

> Hi Joey.
>
> Great idea!
>
> On 05.11.2009 22:52 JoH asenau wrote:
>> Don't expect too much content there, but maybe you can already join
>> the
>> team, write some wishes to the wiki or do other stuff, that shows
>> there is a
>> real demand for this feature and there are people who are willing
>> to *work
>> in this team do get the job done just in time*. I will offer parts
>> of the
>> tagpack as a base we can start with, and maybe there are other
>> extensions as
>> well, we should consider as candidates for integration or adoption of
>> interesting features.
>>

> There are a few categorie extensions out there in forge. I know
> tagpack
> already ships similar functionality, but it would be great to have a
> "real" category tree in the backend with parent and child records.

The real problem with categories is that more often then not
real life objects cannot put in categories as simple is putting them
in a tree.
Often there is a need to look into a products location from
different angles.

I think this is the reason why not so many extensions/tools exist that
do this well,
simple because it looks like that categorization is often a need/
requirement specific
to the application, not easily done in a universal way

Ries