[TYPO3-dev] SCOTTY - Global *S*emantic *C*ategory, *O*ntology, *T*ag and *T*axonomy S*y*stem

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Fri Nov 6 11:30:54 CET 2009

>> The plan is to have something ready for 4.5 and to make it a fully
>> integrated sysext later on. But since it will be a major feature
>> that might influence lots of different areas of FE and BE, don't
>> expect it to be part of the core immediately.
>>
>> We are currently in the fund raising phase. I can not tell you more
>> before the deal is fixed, but I can assure you that this will be
>> done anyway, with or without that deal. So if this looks like a job
>> for you, try to join the team.
>
> So what is the greatest obstacle here: lack of money or lack of man
> hours?

I guess it's more lack of management, lack of motivation and a lot of
procrastination that has been getting in the way of the former approaches.
This is why I said, we have to show that we really do mean it seriously this
time to persuade both, investors and developers, that it might be worth
investing time and/or money in such a project.

The tagpack is a good example for this approach, since it has partly been
sponsored with development and/or money by end customers and agencies, just
because they saw that it already fit a higher percentage of their needs for
certain projects and that it is actively supported by a team of developers.

> And when is 4.5 planned to be released?

AFAIR the core team and the T3A agreed to set the release cycle to 6 month
after the release of 4.3 finally will have happened, to avoid the a similar
delay we had between 4.2 and 4.3.

So a rough estimation would be end of 2010, which will give as about 12
months to get this done.

Sounds reasonable to me

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian