[TYPO3-dev] SCOTTY - Global *S*emantic *C*ategory, *O*ntology, *T*ag and *T*axonomy S*y*stem

Rik Willems rik at actiview.nl
Mon Nov 9 09:36:33 CET 2009

Hi Joey,

Great innitiative. I'm signing up.

As many describe it should be modular, or flexible. This is a very
important thought because no one will use this the same way. With my
categorization extension I tried to do that. Since a global feature like
this will work more or less the same way regardless of the
implementation a 'base' ext would be great.

I found that the enableFields hook is a nice place to start. But, it is
limited since it only allows you to add where statements. So, you can't
add m2m or m2o relations. An additional hook in the core would be needed
to get SCOTTY working properly, I think.

That brings me to a feature that seems important to me. I think that it
should work alongside current extensions and not require any changes in
those extensions. You should not need to use typoscript to copy the
behaviour of that extension, but you must use that extension for
everything it does and use SCOTTY to select the right records.

Looking at the responses to this post and my previous post concerning
ext:categorization this would be a great project!

Greets, Rik