[TYPO3-dev] Moving old "static templates" to a sysext

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Dec 5 11:49:25 CET 2007

Hi!

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> What do you think?

I think we can say in NEWS.txt about it and it will do. So people will know that they have to download templates from TER if they still for whatever reason use them.

To me it is like a question of supporting MSIE4 or Netscape 4. They are too old to be supported. Same goes for old templates. If people still use them, why at all they need newer TYPO3 version? They want new features but they want to use obsolete templates and approach? Then they have to move fingers once or twice (download from TER) :)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team