[TYPO3-about] Re: Anti-harrasment policy for our events?

Chris Zepernick chris at swift-lizard.com
Mon Jan 28 14:57:01 CET 2013

Jepp, you are right.
The examples where just to open some eyes on this topic.
The point I wanted to make is that only because you did not recognize a problem yet does not mean it is not there.

In most cases especially our fellow female devs have a big problem with coming forward and telling the stories, because they fear the reaction of their community mates and fellow male devs, who to their mind most likely are saying stuff Philipp just wrote here. So the basic female reaction is to swallow their pride & feelings and smile and perhaps keep some more distance next time, or wear less "sexy" clothes so that will not happen again.

If that happens to one or the other I´d consider that a problem, because in my eyes thats the point where they don't feel save and free in our community anymore. That would be really sad.