[TYPO3-about] Anti-harrasment policy for our events?

Stefan Neufeind typo3.neufeind at speedpartner.de
Mon Jan 28 14:31:06 CET 2013

On 01/28/2013 02:08 PM, Chris Zepernick wrote:

[...]

> And the case described was one of the lightest a fellow female dev / pm/
> etc. told me on a community event. Belive me there had been cases of
> "exidental touching",  "jokingly butt slapping", and really bad attitude
> and behavior too. ("Girls don't belong here", "Hey babe, nice legs /
> ..."  and worse.

[...]

To me it appears we're discussing this topic with a large diversity of
cases in mind. I think Philipp and other devs/people I know would call
those cases inappropriate / "not okay". And maybe a policy would allow
to enforce rules (banning certain people, ...) if such problems occured
regularly.

It's just that such "clear" cases like you described above are often
mixed with a general equality/neutrality-discussion which can then also
be used "abusive".

Kind regards,
 Stefan