[TYPO3-about] Anti-harrasment policy for our events?

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Mon Jan 28 10:21:20 CET 2013

Hi Jigal,

Jigal van Hemert wrote:

> Read some mailing lists and blogs...

Trust me ... I do ;)

>> I am discussing gender topics for over a year now (starting with the
>> "Frauenquote"), but I never - never have found a valid claim.
>
> I don't know about the German news, but I see a lot of articles where
> the facts show that there are a lot of issues out there.

While looking into those "facts", you quickly figure out that most are the
result of misinterpreted statistics - quite often if people run into the
Simpson's paradox without knowing it (or even without knowing statistics at
all).
A typical example is the so called "Gender Pay Gap" which claims that women
are payed less. If you stop comparing MINT (math, computer/natural science
and engineers) to social science jobs, then you will quickly note that the
there is no significant pay gap.
Usually you find a small gap (depending on the kind of job) which accounts
for parental leave (not evenly shared between both sexes), illness hours
(women are more often ill on average), overtime work (usually done by men).
Putting all that into calculation, then there is rarely a pay gap at all.

>> Please do not try to fix a theoretical problem that most likely does not
>> exists.
>
> It's not about fixing something. A lot of things are done to prevent
> things from happening or to create a certain environment. You don't buy
> fire extinguishers only after you had a fire.

Good point, but does not really apply here. You wouldn't keep a boat on your
roof to be able to escape the flood.

Usually insulting behavior is done without caring about "policies".

And why shouldn't there be any flirting at a TYPO3 event?

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!